What's required to load patches to a Q2/Q20?

Moderator: john m

What's required to load patches to a Q2/Q20?

Postby peterv on Apr 29, 2009 7:27 pm

I guess this is a nice placeholder for an answer to a question that's asked almost daily...

The pre-requisite you need to program a Q2/Q20 is a functional MIDI interface. With this MIDI interface and a correct configured QClick program you can access your Q2/Q20 in both data directions (IN/OUT). The JPatches are stored in a zip file so the first step is to un-zip the file. Now, the resulted files are directly compatible with QClick and, pending a functional MIDI interface, can be stored
directly to the Alesis Q2/Q20.

In order to store or recall patches from your Alesis Q2 or Q20 device it is recommended to use a Roland/Edirol UM-1X or equivalent midi interface. This MIDI interface is known to be compatible with QClick, a Win95 Quadraverb 2 shareware editor, that's required to actually load/save the patches.

This QClick program is also offering the capability to design/build your own patches. There is a direct dependancy towards the MIDI interfact and QClick as it's based on a rather old version of MIDI hence the emphasis on this, and possible other, specific MIDI gear that's compatible.

1. Obtain QClick from http://www.synthzone.com/midi/alesis/qv/qclick.zip

2. Obtain serial number using Google with exact this search string "qClick v1.01 : s/n:"
Hint: look for a XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX formated S/N

-Piet :wink:
peterv

Re: What's required to load patches to a Q2/Q20?

Postby Fenderwim on Apr 29, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi Piet

Good idea, because indeed this question is often asked, because many people have initially problems with this.

Is it not a good idea to also supply the J patches as a batch file (backup file), because you can load them than in one shot.

Cheers
Wim

Fenderwim

Postby peterv on Apr 30, 2009 8:47 am

Fenderwim wrote:Hi Piet

Good idea, because indeed this question is often asked, because many people have initially problems with this.

Is it not a good idea to also supply the J patches as a batch file (backup file), because you can load them than in one shot.

Cheers

The user can, when all is loaded, make a complete backup of all the banks. Providing a sub-set of one bank does not work with the Alesis products I recall from the time I owned one!

-Piet
:wink:
peterv

Postby Fenderwim on May 03, 2009 3:22 pm

I know this Piet, but my questions is that if you could provide on your site a whole backup, so user donot have to load them one by one.

Cheers
Wim

Fenderwim

Return to Alesis Q